Sunday, March 23, 2014

Best Lotion Ever 2

Back in my other blog, Chicken Nuggets (chickendotpie.blogspot.com), I had a post about The Best Lotion.
I used up 2 whole homemade batches of the stuff (remember my propencity towards reptilian skin? God Bless Godzilla). Yet whilst pondering about making a new batch, I was on the old internet learning about the wonders of coconut oil*.
So I said to myself, says I, "Lets put some coconut oil in my lotion recipe so I can have nice skin forever".
I had some coconut oil from 19diggity2 (I really don't recall the year but it was when my son had mono and someone told me it would help him heal faster and that was years ago).
It smelled fine, looked fine, felt fine, so I used it. Expiration dates?? Those are for babies and people who don't live dangerously!
Anyway...
I cut the vaseline in the recipe by 1/2 and used the other 1/2 as coconut oil.
Best thing I could have done.
The lotion soaks right in while feeling light on the skin.
Well worth washing a bowl and some beaters to make.
Below you will find my NEW recipe and I hope you find it to your liking.


Ingredients for Best Lotion Ever.

These are the ingredients:

Johnson Baby Lotion (any scent)
Coconut Oil
Vaseline
Vitamin E Cream

These are the ratios and they CAN be halved:

16 oz. baby lotion
4 oz. Coconut Oil
4 oz. Vaseline
8 oz. Vitamin E Cream

Mix all ingredients with hand mixer till it looks like frosting.


Graceful Grandma's Homemade Lotion.

Thats it ! You will thank me and your skin will thank YOU !!!

Thanks for being here.
Thanks for reading my blog.

*Coconut oil looks like an ointment or cold cream when you buy it, but melts at a very low temperatures (like 76 or 78) so it melts right into your skin. Fabulous!



Before Lotion.


After Lotion.

1 comment:

  1. I simply must try it! Love the before & after pictures.

    ReplyDelete

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?....