Monday, October 14, 2019

It's Kinda Bugging Me.

Insects.
Who doesn't enjoy watching a butterfly float on the breeze or a cute little lady bug scurrying around a leaf ?
Who among us has marveled at flickering fireflies over a fresh cut yard on a long summer evening?
Who learned about death while using a friends magnifying glass on an ant hill at high noon and in the same day spent the late afternoon attempting to squash mosquitos on itchy, bumpy legs that were already feasted on by the tiny blood filled biological devil drones?
Me. That's who.
This love/hate relationship with bugs will never cease.
Think about it...
No don't.
According to the Smithsonian Institution there are approximately 200 MILLION insects for each human on the planet.
Yeah, I said it; 200 million, 200,000,000, TWO HUNDRED MILLION.
They are so dadgum prevelant in this world that the following pic of my mostly finished breakfast proves that it is inevitable that you or I or anyone else in the world will eat a bug this week.


Bug body part.

Was this bug leg included in my cereal or is this all that is left of it?
Why does this post make you/me want to hurl?
Humans in other countries eat bugs all the time.
I do too apparently.
Don't know if the bug part is a bee leg from the honey I used, the remains of an entire creature or just a leg that fell off with a snap, crackle, plop into my cereal while circling a light at the processing plant?
All the options are queasy ones and yet I'm still blogging about it!
I am a menace to human sensibilities.
BUT...
I am a realist.
It is inevitable.
This is me just helping humanity ease itself into the bug eating future with actual evidence that bugs are every-freaking-where.
I share this post with you because I care.
About you.
About insects.
About food.
Bugs are everywhere.
Inside and out.

Thanks for being here.

P.S. No I did not eat the leg...At least that one.

P.S.S. I have eaten bugs at other points in my life and lived to blog about it.
See this post.
"Ate a Moth Today...or...Cereal with Benefits".


Closer view of bug leg in my cereal.

2 comments:

  1. This seems to happen to you at least once a year - or more - who really knows??!! Since we can't be sure, I think I would probably stop eating cereal.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stop eating cereal??
    Haha! Good one.
    No insect has enough power to make that happen!

    ReplyDelete

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?....