Friday, March 1, 2019

Art and Death.

If you listen to the news in any media, then you are undoubtedly aware that EVERYTHING will end you or at least try to.
Our very existence on this planet is a miracle and since 'the other side' is a mystery, I was mesmerized by the following blog that powerfully exhibits aspects of death in artfully hewn grave markers as well as the resulting stone carved emotions of those left behind, in a collection of posted photographs.
It somehow offers a bit of solace.

European Cemeteries.

The Europeans definitely take cemeteries to a whole other level and this blog shares that with readers.

All the blog authors' pics are magnificent.
All of them.
The photographer, Martin Seigling, has the ability to blend his camera work and his subject matter smoothly and empathetically.

The beauty.
The skill.
The interpretations of death.
The pain of loss.

But one of the grave monuments in the most recent blog post made me catch my breath and I had to share it.

Tell me what YOU think.


European-cemeteries.blogspot.com
Death is grabbing him and this guy is pushing him away!

He will NOT face death.
Won't even make eye contact.



European-cemeteries.blogspot.com
His face is silent, strong and perfectly obstinate.

This guy was NOT having it.
Death was going to have to work hard for this one.

Thank you Martin Siegling for posting.

A Satchel Paige quote came to mind when I saw this:
"Don't look back. Something might be gaining on you."

Thank you for being here.
Carpe Diem

1 comment:

  1. Excellent, interesting post. I love the pictures and the refusal to acquiesce to death trying to take over. You are a very interesting individual. I am so glad I know you! Thanks as always for posting!

    ReplyDelete

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?....