Saturday, November 3, 2018

Caturday Scratching Post

Having 2 cats of my own and a sister who has 4, I consider myself somewhat of an informed human on various things feline.
Also, Dinosaurs.
Dinosaurs are also kind of my thing but neither my sister or myself have one, except the plastic variety, of which I have many.
Enthusiasum for 2 live cats and 80 plastic dinosaurs brings me to the reason for this post, and being Caturday I wanted to share an interesting picture I came across that my readers should definitely see and ponder.


Cat.
Drawn as if the bones had been discovered during the age of dinosaurs.


Pretty awesome actually.
I like my furry versions, but scales could work too!

Below is another common animal.
See if you can guess it before looking at the subtitle...


Swans.
Also drawn as if their bones were thought to be dinosaurs.

This is the webbernet article here (or click a picture) if you would like to see more interpretations of some modern animals as dinosaurs and since Dios de los Muertos just got finished, I thought a bone reference/post would be nice*.

Personally, the article seems like a bit of a dig at the artists who interpret bones, but come on.
Artists are awesome and so is their work.
Art is an interpretation.
And even the most scientific hypothesis is really just an educated guess.
So I'm guessing that cats can generally be interpreted as interesting and lovely pets.
In any condition.

Thanks for being here.


*Nice as in... "Nice? Could you not use another word?"

3 comments:

  1. Super interesting. I must posit however, in regard to cats, if cat bones were interpreted as if they were dinosaurs, how does one explain sabre tooth tigers representations looking very modern age cat-like. Either way, dinosaur then or now, and cats then or now are fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If I may posit on your comment with my explanation. Sabre tooth tigers did not exist during the time of the dinosaurs. They are/were a rather recent development. The 'dinosaurs' had been extinct for millions of years before the big cat even showed it's impressive face. So, if cat bones of any size had been found and dated from the geologic timelines of the dinosaurs, it certainly could/would have been thought to exhibit more reptilian than mammalian features. Hope this helps.

      Delete
    2. Look at you all smart and junk!!! I love a woman who knows her Triassic, Jurassic, and Cretaceous periods. Well played! :)

      Delete

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?....