Monday, May 6, 2019

Everyone has a creeper. No, not that kind.

Hello cherished readers.
Depending on your age you will read the title of this post and think many things.
But....
I am not a mechanic so I don't have that kind of creeper.
My hands and thoughts are no where near my privates so it's not that kind of creeper.
No botanist here so this isn't about vine type growing plants that, you know, creep.
And I am not a feline so there is no creeping up on unsuspecting chipmunks, ankles or sleeping dogs.
BUT...
Old Age IS a creeper.
And it is any kind of creeper you want to think it is!
It is a sneaky bugger and as a human I am oblivious to my own susceptibility to the creeping habits of Old Age.
The last 3 days I have felt ancient, old and decrepit.
Which is apropos because I am on vacation in the oldest city in the USA.
It is my dang holiday and things w e r e going good.
Good food, good place to stay, good weather, nice bike rides and walks on the beach.
Then..... KABLOOIE.
Please, just let me lay on the sofa for 6 hours.
Please, just let me go back to bed and take 3 naps.
What.
The.
Heck?
It's like Old Age has been stalking me for days and days just lurking in the shadows until I least expect it...
Then Old Age POUNCES!
Takes me down.
Lets me know who the boss is and who is in control.
And I submit because, dadgummit, I AM old and have no choice but to surrender to the takedown skills that Old Age has honed through the centuries.
Sheesh.
I thought I was strong.
I thought I was healthy and reasonably fit.
I went down like a baby.
My body is feeling a tiny bit younger today and mostly ready to finish this post the rest of my fun vacation like a once upon a time 40 year old.
No, 50 year old.
No....
Nevermind.
Keep moving.
Nothing to see here.
----
I can do this.
You can do this.
We can do this.
Just let Old Age THINK it has the upper hand.
Yeah, that's the ticket.
Go with the flow.
Stay slippery with sunblock or tanning lotion, get wet from some beach and/or pool water, keep greasy from all the delicious fried vacation food because according to my illogical logic, it will keep Old Age from getting a grip on you!

This shall be the plan.


Vines That Creep but are Not Creepy.

Thanks for being here.

2 comments:

  1. As the saying goes. "Growing old isn't for sissies." I prefer, "Growing old is a BITCH!" Great post. You deserve a nap. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both sentiments are fabulously accurate!

    A nap sounds great because naps are a sleep upgrade, Premium Edition Snooze Fest and I have an account.

    ReplyDelete

Are you thinking what I'm thinking?....